Skip to main content

Another Year Has gone by...

Hello All...

Why yes, wouldn't you know... a full year has again gone by!! Can't say its always easy to go on here to write down thoughts or know what to say! I do admit I am on Facebook much too much. Well, that or taking pictures of life or cruising around Pinterest along beside all the "normal" day to day things!

So, since last year.... a LOT has changed. Where to start?? At the beginning of 2018, my husband lost his job close to home after being placed there only six months or less. A "fantastic" way to begin a new year - right?! And then a month later, he was then hurriedly placed over an hours drive away... which we were somewhat grateful he had a job, but had a whole LOT of unanswered questions and a BIG budget cut for our little family. We have learned some new ways of living without "extras", which included having to cut out a lot of things, such as cable... to which I wasn't too upset about, other than NO HGTV binges now - bummer! Although, we did put up an antenna in the attic and get a few local channels and have Netflix. So not completely in the dark ages! We are still in the process of figuring out life this way and also slowly learning and putting into place the wonderful insights from Dave Ramsey. They are very much "Baby Steps"!

2018 - the year of lot of new, small changes or big, however you may view it, some mentioned above. And no we are not in a new house... still. But we did add to our little family of four with a four-legged furry pup! Max (named by Miss K and completely agreed upon by Mr. A - totally a MIRACLE!!!) joined our family at the end of July. Not completely planned, but is very much a big part of our family already! He is a beagle, which does bark, shed lots and has LOTS of energy! Since having him, we have gone on at least daily family walks, if not twice a day! This momma loves that! We shall see how Fall/Winter treats us to see if that trend continues!  

As of now... Mr. A is in Second Grade and so far has enjoyed it, for the most part. Miss K is now in PRESCHOOL! She had been asking EVERYDAY if it was time to go to school yet... and people close to us know that she would state: "I get to go UPSTAIRS!" Oh the excitement! That's my baby... which means Kindergarten is right around the corner! And that my dear friends is when some will witness a sobbing momma or a "I am free" dance... not sure which one! Miss K has picked up a lot of things from others lately and some of it I am not to impressed or happy about. She is FULL of spunk, SASS and as some say.... SUGAR and SPICE!!! Isn't that nice! She is also sweet, kind and helpful on most occasions!

Last week... a new hair color choice happened! I have had it pinned on my Pinterest board for awhile and kept coming back to it, again and again. So I finally decided to just go for it since I had a gift certificate. I got some "Smoky Lavender" in my hair and I am loving it! Of course with some colors, its starting to sadly fade a bit, but you can still see some! I am very happy I went for it!

I will leave you with this for now... a lot more is "brewing", including my DH about to work overnights, yet again. As well as this mama in the midst of getting Mr. A ready for picture day, a school music program (he is to be dressed as a carrot, yes... you read that right!) and then of course Halloween! Then onto prep for our Little Thanksgiving... Thanksgiving and all the other holiday stuff  coming up! Oh what fun!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stationery card

Merry Flourishes Christmas Card Turn your favorite family photos into Christmas cards . View the entire collection of cards.
Hello... so I finally found my own blog again! Crazy right!! How could someone lose their own blog... well could be that she may have forgotten about it with all of life's craziness or lost her log in info.... or both! Ha! So... here is to trying this all out again... don't know what will happen or how often I will post on here. But this is more for fun and trying something new! :)